about chirp internet
Chirp Internet ('Chirp') produce high quality, low-cost and low-maintenance web sites. We deliver custom-built websites that you can easily maintain yourself. We specialise in speed, security, accessiblity, usability and search engine optimisation.
If you are looking for a company that treats you as an equal, speaks a language you understand and cares about the success of your website then you've come to the right place and we look forward to working with you.
Are you interested in having a website developed and hosted by Chirp? Please look through our portfolio for ideas and then contact us. Below sample of some recent websites, including some 'mobile friendly' layouts'.
- Ronin Films - educational DVD sales
- Sequins & Sand - Resortwear for busy women
- Coconut Magic - Discover the many benefits of Coconut Oil
- Nourished Life - Natural & Organic Discoveries
- Erasmus Büchercafe - Bücher aus und über Siebenbürgen
- PuraDyme New Zealand - a New Leaf on Life
- Gday Pubs - Proud of our Pubs
- Australian Rugby Choir - fellowship through song
- Newspapers.com.au - guide to Australian newspapers
- Canberra & Region Bed and Breakfast Network
- National Farmers' Federation (NFF) - the voice of Australian farmers
- European Association for Aviation Psychology (EAAP)
- Deutschsprachiger Wirtschaftsclub Nordtransilvanien (DWNT)
- Australian Aviation Psychology Association (AAvPA)
- Carl Wolff Gesellschaft
- Deutsche Wirtschaftsclub Siebenbürgen (DWS)
- Deutschsprachiger Wirtschaftsclub Banat (DWC)
Our development team
Chirp in now based in Sibiu, Romania. From here we continue to work with our partners in Australia and elsewhere for graphic design and related services in order to provide a complete service to our clients:
- Australia Gday - web design
- Design One Solutions - graphic design
- Hall Studio (Bill Pearson + Associates) - graphic design
- Studio Outside - web design
- Sprout Design - graphic design
A short history of Chirp
Duncan Crombie is a founding partner and director of Chirp. Duncan has been programming for more than 30 years. He built his first website in 1995 and has worked extensively in database design, web development and with open source software.
1997-2002 - Canberra, Australia
Chirp Web Design was founded in 1997 by a group of friends and recent graduates from the Australian National University. The business gradually expanded taking on government contracts and employing a number of graphic designers and programmers.
2003-2007 - Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Having downsized the business and outsourced graphic design it became clear that we could offer an equivalent service to our clients without the overhead of an office.
By 2003 we were already working for clients in all states of Australia, as well as various locations in the United States and Europe, many of whom we had never met or even spoken with outside of email. The move to Europe was a risk that has paid off.
2008-present - Sibiu, Romania
Sibiu is a city in the heart of Transylvania surrounded by farmland, forest and snow-capped mountains. On top of that it has a fibre optic network delivering connection speeds of up to 100 Mbps to the city and outlying villages. We just couldn't resist a new challenge.